AuthorHouse - Author House - Ebook Royalties

Update added by user Feb 26

Feb 2014

Original review posted by user Feb 26

From UK - Be Informed

Author House will take 50% of the ebook sales. The consultant in Philippines assured me that I will keep 100% of the royalties and this is not true. This is stated in the legal contract but you will not be told this verbally.

Ask first to see the legal contract before you go forward with any further conversation. Do not send your manuscript until you read the contract.

Be warned of lengthy emails which are standardised and phone calls, once, twice in a day. It is too much to bear at times. I feel they just want you to give up and pay up. It is daunting for older people.

Be informed. Be warned.

b01365e
Had an experience with AuthorHouse?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
AH

Aug 23 Indiana, United States

AuthorHouse is distributing your eBook, promoting it and making it available through online outlets and you expect to get 100% out of all eBook sales? Are you kidding?
It's always been 50-50 for eBook sales! You might as well review the contract.

Sarah

Aug 26 England, United Kingdom

To Author House - You are the ones kidding us, in fact you think I was ***!!! Why ask me for the money first BEFORE sending me the contract. I had to ask for the contract when you should have sent that first before talking about the money!!! Toooo much sweeeeet talk!!! No professionalism!!! You take the money first and then send the contract!!!! Hey, you little ones, you could not kid me as I understand business and business law!!!!
I am now with https://www.createspace.com/ which is owned by Amazon, and I get 70% royalties, in fact the highest, and Amazon takes 30%! You must be prepared to work hard with them. I used Paid Services, and it is quite computer techie though and business like, and not all that rubbish sweeeeet talk. And, Createspace have top notch editors who picked up errors in my content, and they have American publishing consultants who speak and write fluent English and they are IN THE USA, and I do not get standardised replies from my publishing consultant, as I was receiving from Author House.
Author House was bombarding me with essay type replies which were sent back immediately as they were all pre-written by the company, which are known as standardised, to support staffs' English language in the Phillipines, in my view!!! Nonsense!!!

Suprise Chick

Mar 05

So do you think it's possible to publish with authorhouse and then print on my own as their customer service seems to ignore their price on my book cannot be afforded in Africa

SarahUK

Mar 05

Hello from UK - Sorry, I do not understand your question. The English language is poor. If you have written a book in the English language, you will need intensive proof-reading and editing, and pay heavily for it.
Have you already paid to publish your book with Author House, and if so, you are wasting time asking this question.
I will try to answer your question as I understand, though.
As far as I know you will need your own ISBN to print your own books. (The ISBN - International Standard Book Number is a 10- or 13-digit number used for identification. An ISBN is unique to every book, so it is the best way to find the exact edition of the book you're looking for.)
If you use the publishers ISBN, then you are stuck with them to print your books for you. And, if they close down, then you are in trouble. You will have to publish the book again with a new ISBN and a new book title, as the ISBN is unique to a book title.
To apply (and pay) for a UK ISBN: http://www.isbn.nielsenbook.co.uk/controller.php?page=158 To apply(and pay) for a USA ISBN: http://www.isbn.org/ However, there is this self publishing company in the UK that gives you your own ISBN. He is Graham Cook, seems honest so far, and is an older man running the company. I feel his marketing methods are old fashioned and limited though. The cost of publishing a book here is high too, compared to others. His standard package includes 250 UK Pounds to meet him face to face and he will explain
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about AuthorHouse.
Filing a new complaint about
×