Authorhouse - Author House Fraud
Danger! Beware the Author House fraud. submitted a manuscript for publication and paid $3000 It is now 3 years later I am still in the author proof phase.
I have encountered the most ridiculous obstacles. I will mention only the "highlights". I had to submit the book 5 times due to "technology problems". That was the excuse given
Once the manuscript was received, the sales rep informed me that they could not find it and could not accept documents in Microsoft Word. After 7 emails, and explaining this over and over again, and insisting this was in their own guidelines I gave up and spent another $80 to have them "correct" my "mistakes".
I sent in the revised manuscript the "editor" kept saying he was very concerned about my font choice Ariel and that this was another "mistake" I would need to pay to "fix"
One month later I was informed that they had not received the manuscript and, by the way, my sales rep had gone on holiday. I was assigned a new rep who quit the company 3 days later.
I had resubmit the whole lot again, wait 5 more weeks to get the proofs back.
You guessed it... over 90 "publisher errors" in addition to my 20. The publisher errors included d run-on sentences, squashed together type, different colored fonts, random different fonts, smudged ink and removal of paragraph spacing. And, my original design cover was no where to be seen. The Design Team had created a bizarre cover with a rose on it that had nothing to do with my book.
They told me I would have to pay for each individual error if I wanted them corrected before they put the book up on Amazon. Well I was in tears but I paid all the money.
I protested the cover change. When I got the final galley back last week, 29 of the orginal errors had not been corrected. And, a few new ones had been added. Again they said I must pay or have them in the Amazon version.
I have never received one penny in royalties not even for the copies my family bought. .review #449850
You may also like
- "I wrote a book about a theory I developed over many years and finally compiled all my thoughts into a book, which I wrote, produced and shipped all by myself...."
- "TURFSIGNS has stolen all of our artwork from our website to use for their benefit. We have spent well over 100,000 in SEO and they are piggy backing off..."
- "Better Business Together initiated a reseller agreement on May 2014 which terminated in Nov 2014. Stacy Duprey-Purper cited the reasoning that they needed more competitive rates and that we..."
- "Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands. -Angie's list was supposed to remove the review. -Angie's list..."
- "My husband brought a motor bicycle tire in for axle replacement into lodi bike shop in lodi,ca..where he was unable to fix .so he told my husband he could switch..."
- "Go into "Sports and Outdoor" at the OfferUp site, and you can find tons of guns, knives, and crossbows. There is no control over these firearm sales. I'm expecting to..."