Authorhouse - Author House Fraud
Danger! Beware the Author House fraud. submitted a manuscript for publication and paid $3000 It is now 3 years later I am still in the author proof phase.
I have encountered the most ridiculous obstacles. I will mention only the "highlights". I had to submit the book 5 times due to "technology problems". That was the excuse given
Once the manuscript was received, the sales rep informed me that they could not find it and could not accept documents in Microsoft Word. After 7 emails, and explaining this over and over again, and insisting this was in their own guidelines I gave up and spent another $80 to have them "correct" my "mistakes".
I sent in the revised manuscript the "editor" kept saying he was very concerned about my font choice Ariel and that this was another "mistake" I would need to pay to "fix"
One month later I was informed that they had not received the manuscript and, by the way, my sales rep had gone on holiday. I was assigned a new rep who quit the company 3 days later.
I had resubmit the whole lot again, wait 5 more weeks to get the proofs back.
You guessed it... over 90 "publisher errors" in addition to my 20. The publisher errors included d run-on sentences, squashed together type, different colored fonts, random different fonts, smudged ink and removal of paragraph spacing. And, my original design cover was no where to be seen. The Design Team had created a bizarre cover with a rose on it that had nothing to do with my book.
They told me I would have to pay for each individual error if I wanted them corrected before they put the book up on Amazon. Well I was in tears but I paid all the money.
I protested the cover change. When I got the final galley back last week, 29 of the orginal errors had not been corrected. And, a few new ones had been added. Again they said I must pay or have them in the Amazon version.
I have never received one penny in royalties not even for the copies my family bought. .
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I was a model for Colby Models and Ryan Colby for 3 years. I never met anyone who made more than $100.00 total after being with them for 3 years...."
- "I'm trying to return poorly cut and poorly sewn clothing. Seams are falling apart. Material to cover the bust line is missing. All items are completely see through...they are not..."
- "I had this page bookmarked in the event that we didn't close on our home. However, we closed after A LOT of bickering with the Mortgage Consultant, handholding, and..."
- "I just graduated at ceder hill and so far my experience is nothing like all the bad reviews i see on the internet?, the dallas inn (room 206) was quite..."
- "If anyone is out there looking for a way to add a layer of engagement to your wordpress theme that will require users to enter data, email capture, and form,..."
- "I ordered the 'stunning pink lilies' for my partners grandmother funeral. Pink was her favorite color. Once the flowers arrived they were not pink at all. They were spring yellow...."