Authorhouse is definiteiy a scam.I do believe it is time that government agencies take a good look at Authorhouse and the publish on demand industry as a whole.
If anyone believes they have a legitimate case. I suggent that you contact your elected representatives and every state and federal agency you can think of. Consumer protection, even the Internal Revenue. Let's face it.
There's not one government agency who gives a hoot about us. But if we can approach this scam from the standpoint of the IRS losing tax dollars. Then maybe, just maybe, they will take action. I have written off my book and my loss.
If we together can stop Author-house and other self publishing companies like them from bilking others, then we will have at least achieved some level of justice. Alone we can never hope to receive results. But together, we can be a force for change. Because there's millions of dollars involved here.
I'm sure the IRS would be interested. It only takes a few minutes of your time to drop these agencies an e-mail.
And the satisfaction you received will be more than worth the time.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "HIS Publishing is a small children's book publisher. Recently reordered books from Crossblue Printing in CA but printed in China. Initial review of the production quality didn't reveal any..."
- "I have a children's book that I got published through authorhouse so I could show it to my mother (the Author) just before she died so she could be proud...."
- "Hiring a PR/ Media company can become a love story or just be a learning experience when it turns out to be not the right fit. With Reed Trencher it..."
- "I have gone 2 Lotee's Custom Cuts, San Antonio, Texas 4 more than a year. I have always been happy with My cuts n Styles.This last week, I Had..."
- "3-30-12 Review by Candice C in Huntingburg, IN Project: Install Concrete flooring in poolroom The poolroom flooring was done well & we're pleased. However, the contractor led us to believe he..."
- "This if the POOREST workmen ship quality ever. One would think I went to a flea market to purchase. I purchased a sectional with left and right recliners in May of..."
- "Yes, the headline is true. Midland illegally called me on my cellphone 113 times (I told them to quit 53 times). I owe nothing to them or anybody..."
- "This girl is a complete fake! Don't wasted your time. Smells bad all over and pictures are very old. Rushes the whole time and complains. Her "friend" actually..."
- "FashionMia did not send what I ordered, I order the Color Block Bowknot Boat Neck Bodycon-dress in beige. After waiting approximately 18 days for delivery, I received a cheap looking,..."