Update added by user Nov 04, 2013
After contacting Authorhouse and complaining about the changes, they first tried to say that they could not find in their files where the price I quoted them was.They said they had set the price from the beginning at $5.99 and that they were discounting it to wholesalers at that price.
When they could not explain why they had dropped the price without contacting me, they agreed to pay me at the original %50 of the wholesale price that was first set.
I received a check for 2 sales, one for $2.00 and one for $2.56 less taxes total of $3.28.I told them to take my book out of their catalog and stop all future sales.
Original review posted by user Oct 04, 2013
They changed the price of my book and kept sending smaller and smaller royalty checks.They set the price of my book on their site at $9.99 hard copy and $7.99 e-book when published in August 2011.
Checks started at $1.87, dropped to $1.34, then $1.03, and the last check was $.50. When contacted about this they say the e-book is $5.99 and then is discounted to distributors like Barnes and Noble and that after that I got 50% of the proceeds.
I was not contacted about the price change.I am pissed.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Royalty Theft
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "God is not sleeping Author House is Blooming *** do not buy this book any where see this is my bio. It have become Author House slave. In 17..."
- "I threatened a class action lawsuit if I didn't receive my products within the next two weeks. Instead of complying...they completely refunded my money. Thought that was interesting: From: Erin Nugent..."
- "The put it on their site. I attached it here for you too. They told me it takes them a few months after the contest closes to complete their judging..."
- "Their phone number and email .email@example.com (270) 303-2381. These guys are total scammers. Please save your time and money. I used Movinghelp.com to book these guys . After booking service for 11/25/2015 from Uhaul.com..."
- "Tgifridays avertised endless appetizers. We decided to go there after our day out. When ordering qualifying option(s), I was told that they don't have that anymore. Needless to say, I..."
- "Omg, worst gross soggy sandwith, not even made all the way, the roast beef was sreaded up like the bottom of pan food ,so much barbaque on it, wet bun..."
- "The generator fell off the RV. There are 4 carriage bolts holding the QD 3200 Generator in place. 3 snapped and dropped the generator on the ground. You..."
- "Hi, my name is nicholas, i havent not reseved the art of caring hoodie size small . I think i need to chamge the address on it apparently on..."
- "Garnier hair color applicator bottle cracked and exploded when I began applying to my hair, sending hair color spatters all over me, my bathroom walls, floor, woodwork, etc. I..."