Authorhouse - Royalty Theft
Update added by user Nov 04, 2013
After contacting Authorhouse and complaining about the changes, they first tried to say that they could not find in their files where the price I quoted them was.They said they had set the price from the beginning at $5.99 and that they were discounting it to wholesalers at that price.
When they could not explain why they had dropped the price without contacting me, they agreed to pay me at the original %50 of the wholesale price that was first set.
I received a check for 2 sales, one for $2.00 and one for $2.56 less taxes total of $3.28.I told them to take my book out of their catalog and stop all future sales.
Original review posted by user Oct 04, 2013
They changed the price of my book and kept sending smaller and smaller royalty checks.They set the price of my book on their site at $9.99 hard copy and $7.99 e-book when published in August 2011.
Checks started at $1.87, dropped to $1.34, then $1.03, and the last check was $.50. When contacted about this they say the e-book is $5.99 and then is discounted to distributors like Barnes and Noble and that after that I got 50% of the proceeds.
I was not contacted about the price change.I am pissed.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "The first time they tried to contact me, was last year in 2014. I declined, seeing as they have many bad reviews. But they won't stop trying to contact me!..."
- "Yes , I went for the entire package over 3 thousand. And spent another 3 thousand to have my books printed in order to sell them myself.However, I have discovered..."
- "My FREE canvas ended up costing me $36 then arrived in a cardboard box with NO packaging. The frame is broken & Canvas is ripped. The board is actually broken at..."
- "Omg, worst gross soggy sandwith, not even made all the way, the roast beef was sreaded up like the bottom of pan food ,so much barbaque on it, wet bun..."
- "Tgifridays avertised endless appetizers. We decided to go there after our day out. When ordering qualifying option(s), I was told that they don't have that anymore. Needless to say, I..."
- "Their phone number and email .email@example.com (270) 303-2381. These guys are total scammers. Please save your time and money. I used Movinghelp.com to book these guys . After booking service for 11/25/2015 from Uhaul.com..."
- "What a bunch of crooks!!! Don't buy one single item from this privately owned company. Do RESEARCH before you consider this junk. Don't try and contact "customer service" hotline. That's..."
- "Your Tide pods with the brightened must have bleach in them. They have ruined all my kids good t shirts and some of my good clothing as well. Brand new..."
- "After having a Bad Experience with first Paypal Holdings, Inc. and then Square, Inc., I decided to try another company like them a Third Shot At It! Because of what I..."