1663 Liberty Dr, Bloomington, IN 47403, USA
Style and Design

author house is a scam I have been dealing with them for 151/2 years from 2003 to present trying to get a cookbook publish called new groove fusion cookbook I have been through 12 to16 account managers manuscript lost or misplaced galleys are fill with misspellings typo's some parts of the manuscript are missing bad editing old manuscript mixed with new so I send my account manager at that time Mae Parton the corrections by email she tells me the corrections will cost me $100.00 for the corrections when I call her to check on how corrections for the are going so she told me I had to pay author house $100.00 before they could move forward with the corrections so I paid author house $100.00 so she sent the galley by email so I take a look at the galley at the cover of the cookbook and inside the cookbook and it's wrong typo's recipes are missing there are names recipes on the cover of the cookbook that are not in the book so I call Mae Parton to tell her about it she tells me this next round of corrections will cost me another $125.00 this is after I just gave them $100.00 then I told Mae Parton I am not going to pay another $125.00 then I told her to have the person who was in charge of my cookbook to give me a call and nobody never did then in fall I get a call from author house and I told them what's been going on and I told her about the corrections that I had paid author house for and I told her I have been dealing with Mae Parton and I told her about the corrections costing $125.00 then I told her that Mae Parton sent me a galley of a cover of a book that was suppose to be mine but it was somebody else's book not mine she told me to forget about that then she told me that Mae Parton no longer work for author house then I told her I have all the emails and galleys sent by Mae Parton then she said she would look in to it and that was the last time I heard from author house this was in the fall now it's Christmas season 151/2 years going 16 years and no cookbook I spent $3,900 dollars I want my manuscript back and a refund all author house did was to scam me out of money it doesn't take 151/2 years to do a cookbook also I had filed a complaint with BBB of central Indiana complaint no121 on 6-16-17 about the problems I was having with author house and author house told BBB that I had changed my phone number and they couldn't contact me I never did change my phone number so author house told BBB a lie (609)775-5190 coldsweat58@aol.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Authorhouse Publishing Service.

Reason of review: it doesn't take 151/2 years to publish a cookbook and to meany account managers also bad customer service.

• Authorhouse Complaints

Comments

Before trying to publish another book, work on your writing. You’ve written enough words to fill three paragraphs but didn’t use a single punctuation mark that would end a sentence.

It’s funny how you complain about misspellings and typos your editors have made while saying “typo's,” which is possessive, not plural. You should have said, “typos.”