Resolved

Update by user Jun 12

I did what was suggested and sent an email with my complaint number 1252611. The money was refunded back through my bank account, Thank you for your assistance. Gerri

Original review posted by user May 10

The first copy of my book I emailed was rejected because of information I used about people in my story which potentially could defame their character. My story used first names only.

The remedy was an affidavit with permission to use first names with their signature notarized or make up a new name. That sounded reasonable but takes time to get that done.

I got upset when my own name and location of my story was advised to change which to me meant that my story wasn't a biography but fiction instead of true facts. I can write about a location and people I know but not make up my experience somewhere else with a fake name.

I lost my first investment because it took so long to satisfy the required changes-the reason was stated I had gone over my time limit. What was promised to sell my book and promote it no longer applied.

The final straw was charging me for typing on pages with pictures which were faxed from Staples-no typing was needed-the pages and whole book was completed!-nothing is true they say, passing the buck is how this scam works-I wouldn't recommend them ever. Gerri from Montana

Review about: Authorhouse Publishing Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Update on Author House review complaint #1252611. Thank you.

My money was refunded this week. Gerri from Montana