I have a children's book that I got published through authorhouse so I could show it to my mother (the Author) just before she died so she could be proud.I found it in the attic after 40 yrs based on a true story.

She was a very well known artist. So I am now getting a $2.38 check every 2nd quarter. But I know thousands of the book has been sold.

So I contacted the printers, They were going to tell me how many they printed (Lightning Source) And then called back and Authorhouse told them not to tell me???so they wouldn't let me know.It is bad enough that they are ripping us off like this but to a dieing mother, that I was trying to make her feel proud before she went to see God.That is unbelievable.Several websites keep being sold out according to what they tell me, so it could be in the 10's of thousands easily.

please query book "Chewy The Woodchuck" at yahoo.com

Pete Vinal noannie11@aol.com

Review about: Chewy The Woodchuck.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Authorhouse?

Comments

San Francisco, California, United States #954283

As much as Author House and Xlibris are scam companies, the fact that your book is "sold out" doesn't mean they had any copies and sold them, it just means they don't have any copy.I looked at your book on Amazon and the ranking was as low as it could possibly be meaning you haven't sold any copies on Amazon, not surprising since you don't have an ebook version and Amazon sells much fewer of paperback and hard copy.

Just because the book is listed with Amazon or any other shop doesn't mean that it's sold any copies at those places.

Still these companies are a terrible scam as they lie and pretend they will sell the books when they won't.

MR.JOHNNY DO GOOD
Cliffside Park, New Jersey, United States #615623

OK FOLKS HERES AN UPDATE: CALL THIS LAWFIRM THIS IS VERY REAL..GET IT DONE PEOPLE ASAP LETS SEND SOME PEOPLE JAIL.

IM TIRED OF GETTING RIPPED OFF LETS GO PEOPLE. YES THIS IS VERY REAL..IM THINKING ABOUT MY FELLOW AUTHORS AND NOT MYSELF CALL THE LAW OFFICE OF MR.LAMONT 973-949-3770..I TO HAVE BEEN POSSIBLY RIPPED OFF OF MILLIONS..LETS GET IT DONE PEOPLE...LETS GO...LETS GO ---ITS TIME TO SEND A MESSAGE TO AUTHORHOUSE, IUNVERSE AND THE REST OF THERE CROOKED COMPANIES..WE ARE NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE!!!

YOU WONT STEAL FROM ME AGAIN..LETS GO...LETS GO ASAP PEOPLE!!

GLORIA CRABTREE

GET IN TOUCH WITH ERIC,VAUGHN,FLAM-ESQUIRE FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST AUTHORHOUSE. THEY OUR OUT OF NEW YORK AND STUDYING THE CASE. IF YOU WANT IN JUST EMAIL THEM AT

EVF@SOVRLAW.COM

Gloria Crabtree

GET IN TOUCH WITH ERIC,VAUGHN,FLAM-ESQUIRE

EVF@SOVRLAW.COM THEY ARE OUT OF NEW YORK.

the Harley hippie
Mitcham, England, United Kingdom #446255

Is anyone actually starting a class action suit?I want to get involved and will start the process if no one else has.

They have given me one check for .54 and another for .78 - that doesn't even cover 2 books.

I know i have sold more than 3, too.Plus, I was told I would get getting more than $5 per book and now they are only giving me .54 cents a book.

Please - everyone email me and i'll get started on this right away!!

Shirley Alcorn

I have experienced similar problems with AH. In 2011 my book was in Barnes & Nobel,in India on Amazon, and e Kindle howeve, I have not recieved any royality. Yes, I would love to join a class action suit against AH.

Joseph Smith

David and Goliath fighting Corporate Greed P.O.D

by Joseph Smith

Starting Monday 1/16/12 11:30AM

Call in number to speak with the host

(626) 213-5616

I hosting the Everyday Joe radio talk show and I would like to have all you call into my show, and tell about your experience with Authorhouse and their sister companies that are all own by Author Solution. You can join my show coming 11:30 am Central time Starting Monday 16, 2012 thru Friday 20, 2012 the show last 30min, come share your experience about Authorhouse and their sister companies, as well as Author Solution the holding company. It’s time for a David and Goliath story in our time, the people against corporate greed. To join me in a class action law suit against AUTHORHOUSE contact me at revrom96@gmail.com if you have been a victim AUTHORHOUSE scheme.

Chef Jernard Wells

I am very disappointed with AH and would love to join in a class action suit there is some in-justice in it. Also not to mention they have sub there call center out to a foriegn country now there are no direct calls into the USA office or americans to speak with I also believe the smart comments that are made towards the angry authors on this site are really A.H reps or Affilates in some form...

chefjernard@gmail.com

KAREN MCWILLIAMS

IF YOU HAVE PROOF THAT AUTHORHOUSE HAS BEEN RIPPING YOU OFF, CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL. GIVE ME THE DETAILS OF YOUR CASE AND YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING WITH YOU.

K.J. McWilliams

I WAS TOLD BY SOME ONE WELL KNOWN IN THE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY TO GOOGLE "AUTHORHOUSE CLASS ACTION SUIT".

MY STORY: TEN YEARS AGO I INTERVIEWED PRINT ON DEMAND PUBLISHERS TO PUBLISH MY CHILDREN'S HISTORICAL FICTION NOVEL. I TURNED DOWN XLIBRIS AND IUNIVERSE. HOWEVER, I LIKED THE FAMILY OWNED POD PUBLISHER, 1STBOOKS LIBRARY. IT WAS OWNED BY TIM, CARMEN, AND JESSICA JACOBS. I WAS HAPPY AND RECEIVED FAIRLY GOOD ROYALTIES AFTER MY BOOK WAS PUBLISHED. SO, I SUBMITTED A SECOND HISTORICAL FICTION NOVEL. BUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE PUBLISHING PROCESS MANY MISTAKES WERE MADE. I SUSPECTED THE JACOBS HAD SOLD THE COMPANY. I FOUND ABOUT THE TIME I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE COMPANY THE JACOBS HAD SOLD IT TO A GROUP OF INVESTORS.

THEN ONE OR TWO QUARTERS AFTER MY BOOK WAS PUBLISHED, MY ROYALTY STATEMENTS PLUNGED. I DID A THIRD BOOK WITH THE NEWLY NAMED "AUTHORHOUSE" AND WORSE MISTAKES WERE MADE. FOR SEVERAL YEARS I KEPT TRACK OF MY ROYALTY PAYMENTS. I FELT IT STRANGE THAT MY BOOKS SEEMED TO SELL POORLY, BUT IN THE SAME RANGE QUARTER AFTER QUARTER. WHEN I GOOGLED MY NAME I FOUND PAGES OF MY BOOKS LISTED WITH BOOK STORES IN ALL CONTINENTS OF THE WORLD.

WELL, I WAS TOLD A FEW DAYS AGO BY A DISGRUNTLED AUTHORHOUSE FORMER EMPLOYEE THAT HE HAD QUIT HIS JOB DUE TO UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES. I TOLD HIM I THOUGHT ALL THREE OF MY BOOKS HAD BEEN PIRATED.

THEN LAST WEEK I GOOGLED MY NAME AND FOUND ABOUT THIRTY FIVE PAGES OF THOUSANDS OF...

I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT MY BOOKS THE PAST FIVE YEARS, BUT NOW I KNOW THAT AUTHORHOUSE IS ONE HUGE SCAM. I NEVER BOUGHT ANY PROMOTIONAL DEALS WITH THEM. MY BOOKS WERE REVIEWED IN SEVERAL PRINT MAGAZINES AND NEWSPAPERS. I ESPECIALLY WAS SHOCKED WHEN AN ARTICLE WITH PHOTO OF MYSELF WAS IN "THE STARS AND STRIPES" NEWSPAPER THAT IS CARRIED IN OVER A HUNDRED MILITARY BASES OVERSEAS. I USED TO BE A TEACHER AT SOME OF THOSE BASES. MY ROYALTY STATEMENTS FOLLOWING THAT EXCELLENT REVIEW WERE APPROXIMATELY THE SAME AS THEY HAD BEEN PREVIOUSLY.

NOW IT'S TIME TO FIND A GOOD HONEST ATTORNEY AND GO AFTER AUTHORHOUSE FOR WHATEVER MONEY IS OWED TO US AUTHORS. MY EX AUTHORHOUSE EMPLOYEE FRIEND SAID HE HEARD THAT AUTHORHOUSE'S FILES HAD BEEN STOLEN. AND I REMEMBER THEY DID NOT RETURN THE PHOTOS IN MY LAST BOOK, BECAUSE THEY HAD BEEN STOLEN. EACH BOOK HAS PHOTOS.

DOES ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT KNOW AN ATTORNEY WHO WOULD LIKE TO PURSUE THIS CASE? E MAIL ME AT KSophiedog@aol.com. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO COMMUNICATING WITH YOU. K.J. MCWILLIAMS GOOGLE ME AND GOOGLE YOURSELVES.