I have published 4 books with this AuthorHouse.I have given them the benefit of the doubt but I will NEVER publish with them again.

They have proven to be dishonest and very unprofessional. I am the author of, From Pusher To Preacher (By The Grace of God) Pt. 2, Sarah (Slipping Into Darkness), Views of A Southern Black Man, and Saga of an Angry Young Black man. Problems with this company includes, paying a manuscript re-submission fee (Sarah), which was not done and when I called and complained, the rep wanted to charge me another re-submission fee.

I was also informed that "Sarah" would receive a Certificate of Registration, only to be told (after inquiring) that I was not. I was told the registration was not included in my package...and that I could register it myself for $40. In 2017, I was offered a "deal" on the purchase a supply of "Saga of an Angry Young Black Man," which I accepted. First let me say, I had to call and inquire about a complimentary copy, which they eventually sent.

Now back to the "deal." I was to receive 113 copies, which included 13 bonus copies. Well, when I received the shipment, along with an invoice for 100, I counted and discovered they had shipped only 87. A few days later, I received the "bonus" 13. They actually tried to cheat me out of the 13 bonus books.

When I called and complained, they shipped the 13 missing books (I have emails to confirm my complaint). My latest complain is recently, when I attempted to purchase 75 copies of "Views" and 25 copies of "Pusher," the price had increased over $100 in less than a year. I was told the person that gave me the previous deal had "over discounted" and is no longer with the company.

After 2 years of "Views of A Southern Black Man" going live, I finally receive a Certificate of Registration, after I called and complained while placing the "over discounted" purchase.So, my 5th and 6th book will not be with AuthorHouse, nor would I ever recommend them to potential authors.

Review about: Authorhouse Publishing Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with Authorhouse?

Comments