1663 Liberty Dr, Bloomington, IN 47403, USA

I published my first book through Author House recently and can honestly say that I am more satisfied than not with their company so far although I do recommend that you be well-prepared and research every aspect of their book publishing process prior to signing anything!Although I was pleased with how well my book looked in the end, there were definately many "red-flags" along the way.

The customer service associates have a keen way of only mentioning only the "pros" of their products and services and tend to evade answering questions that may be a deal breaker. They can be deceptive and misleading, ultimately capitalizing upon the ill-prepared and uninformed person. Authorhouse will try to sell, sell, sell you this service or that service and at a pace so fast it can become a blur. The marketing services associates will try to sell you additional marketing services that cost in excess of $5000.00 even as high as $8000.00 and will pressure you immensely until you cave-in and say yes!

And if you say "No" or "let me think about it," they literally will not let you hang up the phone. If you try to avoid them by not answering their calls, they will continue to call you many, many times a day, over and over until you answer. It borders on harassment. As far as receiving royalty payments, my book was only released 2 months ago so I won't know if I will actually receive a check from Authorhouse for a couple of months yet.

From the beginning, I walked into this idea of self-publishing with Authorhouse very cautious and guarded. I didn't sign anything until all my questions were answered. Even then, I gave myself extra time to read the policies and agreements thoroughly. I also researched their publishing packages and asked questions...MANY questions!

When I was ready to sign up, I made sure my manuscript was perfectly polished and edited by a freelance professional editor with over 30 years experience in the book editing and publishing business. I avoided the extra $1500.00 Authorhouse wanted to edit my manuscript.

Time will only tell if I made the right choices!Good Luck Everyone!

Review about: Authorhouse Book Publishing Package.

I liked: Courteous representatives.

I didn't like: Aggressive marketing services associates, Deceptive business practices, Tendency to pressure authors, Withheld valuable information.

3.3
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Authorhouse?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion