4.1
Style and Design

1. They publish quickly. You must have your manuscript ready and photos ready for submitting once you sign. Their product is professionally printed.

2. You must hire your own editor and proof your book over and over before submitting. They can't be held responsible for your errors. They never printed one typo that wasn't in my manuscript.

3. If you're not clerically inclined, you will not be able to fill out the correction forms. It is very tedious work. The average writer with no skills would not be able to navigate. Also you'll need basic computer skills to publish online. I felt lucky I had many years of secretarial to know punctuation, spelling, and typing skills.

I'm sorry for all the people feeling ripped off but I always had prompt customer service from them when I had a problem.

4. The marketing services are additional and very expensive. I signed up for one but it hasn't paid off yet. Beware of the marketing tools. I don't believe they are hiding royalties from the writers. It's just hard to sell books from an unknown writer. Their marketing salesmen are very persistent; just don't return their calls or don't pick up. They'll back down. I write for a hobby and am very pleased. Happy publishing!

Product or Service Mentioned: Authorhouse Publishing Service.

Reason of review: Good quality.

I liked: Good final product.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 16.

Comments

I am comparing authorhouse with bookwhip. I want to know which one is better

to Mike McLeod #1544220

Bookwhip has contacted me but not sure of their quality or professionalism. Check to see how long they've been in business.

My contact guy at Authorhouse, Timothy Murphy, has been with them for sixteen years. That's a good sign. Some of these places are start up companies and they say they have combined experience of ten years.

They combine all the people working there and their experience into ten years. Good luck publishing.