Style and Design

Their sales team are great, great at the sales pitch, but authors need partners not sales pitches, we’re already sold...its our books that need selling. For a publishing house they do very little than hit you with very emotive sales folks pitching you all types of fiction (how ironic).

I never receive sales figures from a book I wrote in 2009/10.

I would like to withdraw my book and possibly try somewhere else, seeing that legally I own the manuscript it’s legally mine to do has I chose.

I will be looking into gaining the advice of a real publishing house. It’s best to steer clear of AuthorHouse because of their lack of passion or integrity...something that most writers have in abundance..

Preferred solution: End Contract, so I can publish elsewhere.

I liked: Cover of my book, Good final product.

I didn't like: Deceptive business practices, Aggressive marketing services associates, Fact that they were evasive.

Comments

AuthorHouse

Hello, and thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience.

Regarding your sales figures, can you please send an email to our Royalty Help Desk, at RoyaltyHelpDesk@authorsolutions.com?

They will be glad to help. Thanks.

to AuthorHouse #1503047

I just find the self-publishing market seems to be one-sided...the Authors provide the art, the talent, the dedication, etc...and more importantly; the money to pay for their work to be published...but other than printing, the marketing at most falls again to the authors...I wished self-publishing would invest in the authors...