I received an email inviting me from AuthorHouse to have my book, go to Hollywood. I paid £499.50 and worked alongside the publishing consultant. He kept to all arrangement phone calls and emails. I was estatic to say the least.

I was lead to believe that it was on the Hollywood database, awaiting for a producer of music, film or TV series would hopefully choose it. All done January 2017.

Now very poorly, unable to carry it on, I telephoned AuthorHouse to cancel my copyright with them, not a problem.

Yesterday 5th October 2018 I received a call from a publishing consultant asking me to use my Hollywood money to put my book on audio, because it didn't make the Hollywood database.

And the same, told how much it should make, I have made £22.00 in royalties since 2015.

I requested a refund, the bloke was very rude and hung up on me. So I phoned again and the refund is now being returned.

Not worth the hassle, and if I hadn't have asked they would have kept it.

I'm not a person who complains.

AuthorHouse are money mad and expect us all to have rich families, not everyone does!!

Never again.

Stick to the united kingdom.

Could I be compensated for misleading information about my work and money?

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 06.

Comments

AuthorHouse

Thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us, and that your consultant was so impolite. Please feel free to send us the name of the consultant, at ComplaintsResponses@authorhouse.com, so we can follow this up.