I have published a book that received good royalties but this has waned since time has gone by and I have not promoted the book much. I was told by Authorhouse that I still have royalties coming but - new rule as of Q1 2018 - because they are below $75 for the quarter these cannot be sent until that threshold is hit. But the "good news" (LOL) is that if you do not reach that threshold by the end of December, whatever is due you will be sent then.

What a scam! The company is that desperate as to hold on to authors' money so they can make interest on it and then give it to you up nine months later - without the interest?

A company that is so hard up as to do this is also a company that could scam authors out of their "real" royalties due, imo. There needs to be an AUDIT and INVESTIGATION OF AUTHORHOUSE to ensure that authors are getting what they deserve, and not have these numbers lowered and phonied-up so that the company takes what's yours, and gives you your hare late on top of that. Just watch the program "American Greed" and you will learn that these scams happen all the time. I asked for a callback on this "new" policy. None was done. I asked what % of authors receive $75 or more each quarter. No answer.

I gave them a time limit to call me back. Time's up, starting with this post. Anyone else want to join in on investigating AH's practices?

Review about: Authorhouse Publishing Service.

Reason of review: delay in sending money due and told this is the new policy.

I liked: Airy on hold music is the best thing about the company.

I didn't like: Delaying royalties as part of a new policy, New policy had no notice and contradicts contract, Customer service rep advised i would be called back and was not, Customer service rep seemed clueless, Company is attempting to scam its own customers.

Comments