1.8
Style and Design

Update by user Feb 27

I forgot to mention that they do not market the books correctly. I wrote a book about sex and they wanted to put it in Reader's Digest and a Teacher's book show, which would be very inappropriate.

Also they do not offer Kindle or Audible services. I would be very interested in being part of a class action lawsuit.

Original review posted by user Feb 27

These people call me so often to put down anywhere from $6K to $10K down per marketing project that they are selling that I have made a commitment to never answer their calls even while I have been working with them. I used to just hand the phone to my husband, but I eventually got so tired with their *** that I just let it roll over to voicemail.

I deal with them only with email because the people who do the actual work never call.

Being someone who has already sent out pro rata letters to all of my creditors, and after having explained my personal debt situation, of owing $150K to creditors and lenders, they still do not take "No" for an answer. I wish there was some way I could sue them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Authorhouse Publishing Service.

Monetary Loss: $19000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Authorhouse Pros: Compliance with publishing laws.

Authorhouse Cons: That they took advantage of me, Harassment, Did not deliver on promises, Predatorial practices.

• Misleading Information
  • Predator Companies
  • Scam

Comments

AuthorHouse

Hello, and thanks for your message. Please contact us via complaintsresponses@authorhouse.com with your name and Project ID, so we can put you on our DO NOT CALL list. Thanks!