2.7

Update by user Sep 09

I have seen what AuthorHouse / 1st Books did with a lot of my contacts. It's why I took a lot of them into the short form and ushered them into the anthology fold.

I knew too many of these authors and one being a personal friend in Chicago who published "A Dark Obituary For A Common Man." He was thanking me for telling him about Lulu.com in 2007 -- during the 2007 era I was one of Lulu.com's apex marks. The Ethereal Gazette: Issue Five might not seen sales but had a lot of people looking because the layout was distinct. I worked with Paul Collins, Barbara Marjanovic, Serena Carrington (who happens to be a former girlfriend,) Sen. Andrew Ian Dodge (1967-2014), and a host of others.

I personally seen how a few were not pleased. I was aware of the company in the 2000s as I read Ron Dondiego's output, publishing The Face (I wish he worked with Lulu.com with this and was able to take more time in the presentation because Lousy Book Covers will have a field day with some of you.) They were abused by the factions (mass markets) and I worked with Lulu.com for 10 years. CreateSpace it's still the same since I was with BookSurge but different jagoffs who came aboard; revealed they had a plagiarism addiction. I have a proposition for the crew at the parent company as I paid for their ISBN and designed the cover layout -- the title will be The Subsidy Compound as some of my roster called the group this.

I worked with family business base publishing outfits and some non-profit sectors as my ISBN for The Ethereal Gazette: Issue Five was from this. I will say I had a neutral experience with their free ebook publisher as they allowed me to show the real authorship of The Pattern Of Diagnosis but prefer the masses buy this in print as I can provide the link for this. Even in their free ebook experiment, I wish they gave more on royalties. Booktango unlike their sister operations -- they allowed linking to places that are not Author Solutions based publications.

So what I am inviting the staff to do is work with who I work with to get your 16-18 best authors -- 2100-6800 word counts, and some who have booktango ties and did short form. I didn't know how to make an e-pub so my experience working with Lulu.com for ten years came in full force. The Book Patch has ISBN's for $25-$50.00 but you will need LibreOffice.org and docupub.com to merge files (not even the crew knew this trick. My tip to some of you find a pdf splitter if you have a title that is top notch but with LibreOffice you can tweak the files and typeset them in a way where the mass market holdouts.

Some of them cannot design a book for the life of them. (The part taking digs at me she doesn't even have page numbers and can't do justify text.) I brought Serena Carrington over to Lulu.com and did the most complex arrangement of her title as she had the original .wps file she created.

This was hard to arrange too as I had to do every part with both Open Office and Altantis Ocean Mind to calibrate. CreateSpace doesn't even handle this complex treatment but if you have the right tools and toys, Victor and Company can handle it but you need Bookow.com to arrange the ISBN barcode and work with faststone.org to arrange the images akin to how I did An Eye In Shadows.

Original review posted by user Sep 08

Reason of review: it gave The Book Patch exposure.

I liked: Free ebook experiment.

I didn't like: Ripping my friends off.

Comments