I have read alot of reviews for Authorhouse, I am growing extremely concerned about the costs involved. I am self publishing and I do expect some costs but they are extremely high. I am in the middle of the process, and I see people complaining about royalties and the fact that they own the ISBN so they can do what they want with your book and do mark ups without your knowledge. I also have seen that they publish what they have even if you had a problem with it. The other problem I have seen is that there is no transparency for sales and that you have no idea how much your book is actually making and you receive a small percentage if that for your own book.

Their sales pitches are great and high even promising your book will be on movie data bases in Hollywood etc.

Do you get what you are paying for or should I cancel and get my money back and try to publish elsewhere?

Can someone please shed light on all of this for me, I am really concerned I am making a mistake with this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Authorhouse Publishing Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 16.

Comments

AuthorHouse

Hello, and thank you for expressing your concerns. Please be advised that authors are given official statements as to their Royalties and can even contact our Royalty Help Desk at RoyaltyHelpDesk@authorsolutions.com.As one of our authors, you are in control of the publishing process, and during the publishing process we require your approval on each step before moving forward.For further questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department or to read our FAQs at https://www.authorhouse.com/GetPublished/FAQ.aspx.