Style and Design

Went to Bloomington in person thinking that would be best. Agent there said; "no one here is going to read your book." THAT'S when I should have run. Submitted my dedication page and they "f'd" it up, but it was MY fault for not checking their work. What? A publishing company with people that can't re-written one page and check their own work? THAT'S when I should've run a second time. I published 3 books since 2008 - primarily to have closure and copyright. Now I copyright my own work directly through Copyright.gov for $ 55 each time.

No royalty checks - even small ones. Had to make several calls and emails that they started ignoring (working there must be he'll) and finally they did a reconciliation, but who knows if that's right (or honest). Look; the more they can screw you the more money they can make.

I have 3 more completed novels and I won't work with them again.

Simon & Schuster has a self-publishing site and guess what? They are in partnership with Authorhouse. Argh!

Review about: Authorhouse Publishing Service.

Comments

The company appeals to your ego as if you are going to have your name in lights. The reality is very few books make anywhere near the money back that you pay.

Ask them for these numbers and have them verified by a reliable outside third party. Don't believe anything AH tells you.

They are interested in your money, not your success, not you. Look at all the complaints online!

AuthorHouse
#1472085

Hello, and thank you for your message. We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us. We appreciate your feedback, and wish you success with your books.