I wrote a book about a theory I developed over many years and finally compiled all my thoughts into a book, which I wrote, produced and shipped all by myself.I have a website and have sent my books out since 2005.
In February 2011, I read an article in The AARP magazine making note of Author House. When I saw that listing, I thought that I'd look into the possibility of taking my book a step further. I contacted them, charged $499 to my credit card and after repeated back and forth e-mails, I have received nothing. My book was produced by me, completely edited and required no work by Author House to process.
When I first contacted them, I told them that my book was in "Microsoft Word" format and they responded that "Word" was a good format. Later on, I needed to re-format to "PDF" which I did, then it was change the margins, which I did. On and on, as you can see, they ran a game by me. They have not provided anything to me, nor have they submitted any cost of services that they have incurred.
I requested a refund, minus any possible costs, and have received ZERO, or even any acknowledgement of my displeasure.This is still ongoing and I am hoping to recover my investment with Author House.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
You May Also Like
- "After fighting for months with LTB about their inability to provide adequate customer service, I moved, asked to change address as well as species, it was one or the other,..."
- "In trying to make the arrangements for the marketing of my e-book version of my book, I had numerous unsuccessful conversations with a man who sounded drunk, who appeared to..."
- "There is a long history concerning this company, one that is characterized by the company’s persistent failure to respond to communication and requests for documentation of invoiced charges. After placing an..."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "I write to introduce our financial services to you. I am a direct mandate to a Financial Institution who is also known as private lender specialized in the Lease and..."
- "I have a shop on Etsy; rather, had. I've been suspended, twice. In the announcement, it read: "Please check email for a message explaining why, and how to restore account...."
- "We purchased a 3 piece "leather set" from Jennifer Leather on 84th & Broadway in Manhattan in 2008. We also purchased the lamps and coffee tables spending well over $2400...."
- "I purchased the Wolfgang Puck Bistro Set. I had this set for about fifteen years. Today was making a fried egg for my 3 year old and as I lifted..."