I wrote a book about a theory I developed over many years and finally compiled all my thoughts into a book, which I wrote, produced and shipped all by myself.I have a website and have sent my books out since 2005.
In February 2011, I read an article in The AARP magazine making note of Author House. When I saw that listing, I thought that I'd look into the possibility of taking my book a step further. I contacted them, charged $499 to my credit card and after repeated back and forth e-mails, I have received nothing. My book was produced by me, completely edited and required no work by Author House to process.
When I first contacted them, I told them that my book was in "Microsoft Word" format and they responded that "Word" was a good format. Later on, I needed to re-format to "PDF" which I did, then it was change the margins, which I did. On and on, as you can see, they ran a game by me. They have not provided anything to me, nor have they submitted any cost of services that they have incurred.
I requested a refund, minus any possible costs, and have received ZERO, or even any acknowledgement of my displeasure.This is still ongoing and I am hoping to recover my investment with Author House.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
You May Also Like
- "Ok the results are in. Hopefully not the final result but nevertheless I received $308 of a $1080 refund. Besides having to change names in my book and show proof..."
- "The Executive Editor of the Hillsdale Daily News committed a criminal act against me. I'm a private citizen who she was "investigating" for making criticism of local political officials. She..."
- "The first time they tried to contact me, was last year in 2014. I declined, seeing as they have many bad reviews. But they won't stop trying to contact me!..."
- "I purchased the Wolfgang Puck Bistro Set. I had this set for about fifteen years. Today was making a fried egg for my 3 year old and as I lifted..."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "I should have learned my lesson after a prior incident with Bob's Discount Furniture, but I gave them a second chance and now I'm paying for it.My family purchased a..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."
- "My husband was eating a zinger today and found an actual ROCK in the cake. If he had bitten down too hard he would have broken his dentures. The rock..."