1.8
Style and Design

I began with AuthorHouse on 5/31/18 with a novel. This was the second time that I had planned to publish something and I wanted to try a company instead of doing the work myself. Everything was expensive and I'm really not in the right spot to be spending that kind of money.

Micheal, my sales rep., was insistent that I should go with AuthorHouse and downgraded many other reputable sources. I began the process with him of getting my book published and that same day I found a better, more trustworthy site to publish from.

When I called to cancel, he was very aggressive and insistent on getting me to stay with AuthorHouse. After the call and the promise that I'd be moved over to the Refund Department, I was contacted by the first step in the publishing line. I contacted them again and told them I was canceling and they said I'd be moved to the Refund Department.

Needless to say, I have yet to receive my refund or be contacted by the Refund Department. I have sent two emails to my sales rep. and neither have gotten replies. I have sent two comments to AuthorHouse through their comment page on their website and haven't gotten replies to those, either.

I didn't like: Misled me.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 11.

Comments

AuthorHouse

Hello, and thank you for your message. Please send us an email at ComplaintsResponses@authorhouse.com and we will follow up your case.

Please include your name and phone number. Thanks.

The company has got worse and worse. You can vote with your online reviews.

Maybe the company will get a clue when they lose enough business to go out of business. Tell everyone what happened and of your discontent.